Python and Invenio 3 software specialist
SONAR (Swiss Open Access Repository) is a project of national scope in the context of Open Access in Switzerland, and one of the projects funded by the P-5 "Scientific Information" Program by swissuniversities. As an archive of scholarly publications, SONAR intends to collect, promote and preserve the publications of authors affiliated with Swiss public research institutions.
Besides harvesting publications from various sources, SONAR also provides an outsourced institutional repository service to interested Swiss universities, so that their authors can directly deposit publications: Institutional Repository as a Service (IRaaS).
SONAR is based on Invenio 3, a modern multipurpose software framework developed by CERN.
Further information can be found at sonar.ch.
RERO seeks to hire an IT specialist for its SONAR team, with the following tasks:
- Install and configure an Invenio 3 instance, migrating from version 1
- Define and implement:
- data models
- data management, import and export procedures
- document deduplication
- persistent identifiers
- authentication services
- user interfaces
The person will integrate a team of experts, currently working on the development of multiple products based on Invenio 3, using the Scrum agile development approach.
Qualification / Skills
- Bachelor / Master Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related technical discipline
- Languages: French and English
- 80-100% activity rate
- Initial contract duration: 2 years
- Work place: Martigny, partial teleworking allowed
- Start date: immediately or to be defined
- Application deadline: 18.01.2019
info at rero.ch
+41 27 721 85 85